Choosing a Reliable Residential Moving Company in Dallas, TX
Choosing a reliable residential moving company in Dallas, TX is a task that can significantly reduce the stress load that comes with moving. Here are some indispensable pieces of advice to serve as your guide in finding a good mover.
- Ask a friend. There’s nothing more helpful and reliable than advice from friends. They can give you real and honest feedback on moving companies they have had experience with. If you’re fortunate enough to have a trusted friend who happens to know and recommends a good residential moving company in Dallas, TX, then lucky you!
- If friendly advice and recommendations are not available, then go to plan B – the phonebook. Make a list of moving companies that have offices accessible to your home. Make a quick background check for each. Basically, check off your list those companies not registered with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). It is also a big plus factor if a company is a member of the American Moving and Storage Association (AMSA). To steer clear of moving scams, visit movingscam.com. They provide a blacklist of movers with unscrupulous reputation.
- Further check out the companies left on your list by making appointments with their respective representatives for an in-home inspection of the items to be moved. This is necessary for a more accurate price estimate. After inspection, it typically takes 24 to 48 hours before you can get a written estimate. If a company randomly gives you an estimate without even wanting to actually check out your stuff, then tick that off your list immediately. Quoting without initial assessment is a sign of a lack of professionalism.
- Aside from asking for a written estimate, you should ask the right questions. Inquire about the company’s license as well as the details of their insurance coverage. Find out how long they have been in the moving industry. Ask if the movers are employees, contractors, or simply day laborers. Choose one that has regular employees, as they are generally more reliable, proficient, and trustworthy. It would also be best if you personally go and have a look at the office and facilities. If you’re not satisfied with what you see, then check that off your list. Signs of a good residential moving company in Dallas, TX are a clean and presentable office and storage area as well as well-maintained moving trucks professionally labeled with the company name and logo.
- After finally finding the right residential moving company in Dallas, TX for you, the next step is being particular in identifying the stuff to be moved. Be clear and specific in giving instructions to the moving company’s representative, making sure to point out fragile property such as mirrors, antiques, paintings, etc. Give the correct and exact address of your new home to avoid misrouting and delays.
- As a final note, beware of companies that illegally offer a goods-and-services tax (GST) waiver or a harmonized sales tax (HST) waiver on the condition that you pay in cash. Assenting to this deal voids your insurance. Furthermore, never settle for a company that seeks payment upfront. The moving industry’s norm and standard is to receive payment only after completing a move.
Try Full House Moving to keep all the unnecessary stress at bay.